What’s holding you back from the life you want?
Pain, discomfort, and incontinence with movement are common–but not normal. There are solutions to help you gain function, increase mobility, and decrease pain. You don’t have to suffer through or constantly wonder “Is this normal?”
At Embody, we work with ALL of you:
- Pregnant and postpartum women to help you have a smooth pregnancy and at any point after giving birth, including diastasis, pelvic prolapse, pain, and pelvic ring pain. More information here.
- Women experiencing Pelvic Floor Pain, Endometriosis, Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP), Pain with Intercourse, and Bladder Leakage, Frequency, and Urgency.
- Male Pelvic Health concerns including pelvic pain and Post-prostatectomy Leakage.
- Anyone experiencing Back Pain, muscle, or joint pain and arthritis
- People experiencing Fecal incontinence, GI concerns, IBS, and constipation
- Pediatric Pelvic Helath concerns including encopresis, bed-wetting, and daytime wetting
- People experiencing changes related to menopause including osteoporosis and pelvic floor changes
- People who want to live life to the fullest without pain and with confidence
- All genders
Dyspareunia/Pain with Intercourse *** Incontinence *** Pelvic Prolapse *** Back Pain ***Arthritis Endometriosis *** Encopresis *** Bed wetting *** IBS & Constipation *** Pelvic Pain *** Diastasis
All of these words have negative connotations. You have possibly been told that “it’s part of growing older” “it’s a part of having babies” “it’s something to be expected afer prostatectomy” “”It goes with menopause” AND More. What if we told you that there are solutions and answers?
You don’t need to suffer in pain or limit your function and activities. Let us join you on this journey to wellness and easier function!
“About 9 months after having a cesarean section I started having severe abdominal muscle cramps. I researched online for someone who specialized in postpartum issues and was fortunate enough to come across Embody. After a detailed evaluation by Rebecca Meehan she discovered underlying reasons for this issue. She was extremely accommodating and opened her schedule on Saturdays for my appointments. We communicated frequently via email. Rebecca developed a program of exercises I could do at home and in the office. I am grateful for her help and recommend her to anyone having postpartum troubles.”
As a client was leaving the office one day, they glanced at my model of the pelvis, and then smilingly commented “I’m not sure I am your demographic.” You see, I was working with this individual for shoulder problems, but had previously worked with them for residual problems after spinal surgery, and at another time for achilles problems. I knew what they(he) meant, though!! I was not treating for pelvic floor specific problems. But this comment is exactly why I do what I do….getting the body parts to communicate and work together as a team as efficiently as possible. We ALL have a pelvis, and sometimes it is one of the areas that I work with at Embody. Always, though, I am looking at the enirety of you and working with you to help you be at your best! …Rebecca