Bringing over 35 years of experience in pelvic health and core fitness, pregnancy and postpartum care, changes experienced in menopause (including but not limited to pelvic and bone health), and spine and joint care, the PTs at Embody provide information and tools for YOU. After years of practicing within the confines of traditional clinics, Embody Physiotherapy and Wellness was created as an alternative–a place where patients are more than a number and plans are personalized to meet the YOUR goals. We tailor our approach to meet our client’s needs, whether that means providing expert one-on-one physical therapy, strengthening and improving mobility through physioyoga classes, or providing education and tools in workshops.
The Embody Physiotherapy Guarantee:
- We try hard not to take activities away! We are here to help you do the things you love and need to do. We work with you to say “Let’s do it” rather than “don’t”.
- We believe that prevention is just as important as treatment for existing concerns.
- We understand that pain is often the body’s way of signaling a larger issue, which is why we take a holistic approach to our practice, combining hands-on treatment with overall evaluation and wellness.
- We provide you with solutions and answers for better functioning and improved movement, strength, and health
- Your time is our time. We work with only 1 person per appointment. No double booking!
- Your time is our time. We do not take phone calls, send or answer texts, or spend time away from your care.
- Your time is our time. Your appointment is spent treating and developing a specific program to meet your goals.
- We are here to help you advocate for your care and function. You are the center of the team.
- The words we use matter. Your concerns matter. We do not dismiss your concerns as inconsequential (ie- we will not tell you “you’re fine”)
Rebecca M. Meehan, PT, WCS, PYT
As a Physical Therapist working with all genders and ages, Rebecca Meehan believes in finding solutions that bridge the gap between rehabilitation and movement for her clients, looking at the entire person, and not treating them as a body part or diagnosis. After two decades of practicing in orthopedic physical therapy with a focus on sports medicine and acute care, Rebecca’s passion for holistic wellness, prevention, and integrative health led her to obtain her certification in Medical Therapeutic Yoga and training in Bones for Life and the Franklin Method. She is a board certified Women’s Clinical Specialist through the APTA. It was also this belief in treating the entire individual that led her to co-found Embody Physiotherapy & Wellness.
Rebecca obtained her yoga certification through the Professional Yoga Therapy Institute and has since taught other healthcare providers through that program. Rebecca is a participant with the Birthworkers of Western PA, the American Physical Therapy Association, the APTA Section on Women’s Health, and the Pennsylvania Physical Therapy Association. She holds a degree from the Medical College of Virginia, VCU. When not working with clients, Rebecca enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, bicycling, and cooking and gardening.