Bringing over 40 years of experience in pelvic health and core fitness, pregnancy and postpartum care, and spine and joint care, PT at Embody provides solutions and tools for YOU. After years of practicing within the confines of traditional clinics, Embody Physiotherapy and Wellness was created as an alternative–a place where patients are more than a number and plans are personalized to meet YOUR goals.
Embody Physiotherapy is a practice that will help you at any stage of life, recovery from injury or surgery, or to keep you moving and feeling at your best and most confident.
The Embody Physiotherapy Guarantee:
- We try hard not to take activities away! We aim to help you calm things down and then build them up to get back to the activities that you need and love to do!
- We believe that prevention is just as important as treatment for existing concerns.
- We understand that pain is often the body’s way of signaling a larger issue, which is why we take a holistic approach to our practice, combining hands-on treatment with overall evaluation, fitness, and wellness.
- We provide you with solutions and answers for better functioning and improved movement, strength, and health
- Your time is our time. We work with only 1 person per appointment. No double booking!
- We are here to help you advocate for your care and function. You are the center of the team.
- The words we use matter. Your concerns matter. We do not dismiss your concerns as inconsequential.
“I highly recommend Embody for anyone that has “tried PT before and it didn’t work” or anyone frustrated with medical recommendations and treatment without seeing results. The Embody approach is holistic and positive with an integration of science with clinical skills, experience, and the art and science of yoga therapy. I know that I have a healthcare partner that I trust to help me along my path of lifelong wellness.”
Rebecca M. Meehan, PT, WCS, PYT
As a Physical Therapist working with all genders and ages, Rebecca Meehan believes in finding solutions that bridge the gap between rehabilitation and movement for her clients, looking at the entire person, and not treating them as a body part or diagnosis. After two decades of practicing in orthopedic physical therapy with a focus on sports medicine and acute care, Rebecca’s passion for holistic wellness, prevention, and integrative health led her to obtain her certification in Medical Therapeutic Yoga and training in Bones for Life and the Franklin Method. She is a board certified Women’s Clinical Specialist through the APTA, with specialist training and education in pelvic health, core, and pregnancy physical therapy.
It was also the belief in treating the entire individual that led Rebecca to co-found Embody Physiotherapy & Wellness. Rebecca has been an instructor in the Professional Yoga Therapy Institute and has assisted and instructed other PTs in their Pelvic Health and Ultrasound education. She is a participant with the Birthworkers of Western PA, the American Physical Therapy Association, the APTA Section on Women’s Health, and the Pennsylvania Physical Therapy Association. She holds a degree from the Medical College of Virginia, VCU. When not working with clients, Rebecca enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, bicycling, and cooking and gardening.
“I wanted to send my sincerest thanks to you for seeing me at my very lowest and helping me process what was happening to me and how to begin to move forward. Thank you for saying that I could get back to running with time. I won’t ever forget that, especially when so many others told me I needed to be done. Thank you for doing what you do.”