We are happy to announce that all classes are now in-person at our 400 Broad street Location OR Live Streamed for anyone who would prefer to attend from home. All registered students will receive a link to join.
Embody PhysioYoga combines the evidence-based knowledge of physical therapy with the ancient science of yoga to provide a functional and integrative form of treatment. Through one-on-one treatment sessions or group classes, PhysioYoga delivers a new model for health, fitness, and holistic prevention and rehabilitation. PhysioYoga can help you decrease the risk of chronic disease, manage chronic or new pain, manage stress, and promote lifelong healthy habits. We meet you where you are–regardless of age, gender, orthopedic concerns or previous injuries, strength, or flexibility. Together, we build balance, strength, and confidence.
All of our classes are Pelvic Floor and Bone Health safe, but if you have concerns about ability to participate or your health, please contact Rebecca@embody-pt.com.
Rebecca Meehan PT PYT WCS offers one-on-one treatment sessions or group classes to fit your needs and your schedule. Through an individual treatment, we can develop a program tailored to your needs and goals, combining yoga with manual therapy techniques. Our group classes offer ample modifications, allowing you to scale the program to fit your abilities.
PhysioYoga is for everyone–no experience is needed.
Gain strength and balance while exploring movement and breath.
- Monday 12:00-1:00 PM ET “Lunchtime Yoga”. Take a break and begin your week with movement!
- Monday 6:30 – 7:45 p.m ET
- Wednesday 9 – 10:15 a.m. ET
- Thursday 11 a.m. – 12:15 p.m ET
- When you purchase a class pass below, we will email you the links for classes. If you have questions or concerns about PhysioYoga, please email email@example.com.
Embody Physioyoga Single-class pass
Purchase a single PhysioYoga class
10 Class Package
Purchase a Package of 10 Classes. May be used for any PhysioYoga Classes
Embody Physiotherapy Classes and Workshops to assist in your pregnancy, Labor, Delivery, and Postpartum recovery
This class will be held in person or you may attend online. It is for first time parents AND for those of you who have delivered previously. We ALL benefit from knoledge, AND from a toned and supple pelvic floor! Join in to learn:
- How the pelvic floor and core work together and provide exercises to help develop a supple and toned pelvic floor for labor and delivery.
- Breath, motion, and techniques that can support you and assist in mobility during labor
- Positions, breath, and movments to facilitate delivery.
- Techniques and items that can support you during pregnancy and in your postpartum days will be demonstrated.
After the baby is born, you need knowledge and information to assist you in the early days of recovery and early healing! We will:
- Provide tips and techniques for pelvic floor and abdominal support and care in the early days after the baby is born
- Techniques to assist you in mobility and comfort in your early postpartum days.
- Basic information to asist with Peeing and Pooping after giving birth
For more information and to register, click here. After you register, you will receive a Zoom link and handouts. AND, registrants receive a $20 discount on evaluation or their next appointment with Embody Physiotherapy, valid before or after the baby arrives (within 4 months of attending the class, please). You will also receive a recording of the class to review the informantion and exercises.
August 4, 2021 6:30-8:30 PM
September 15, 2021 6:30-8:30 PM
October 20, 2021 6:30-8:30 PM
December 1, 2021 6:30-8:30 PM
New moms have questions!
- “When and how much can I lift?”
- “When can I return to activity?”
- “The doctor says I’m fine, but….”
- “I’m still having pain”
- “I’m leaking..kind of…but that’s normal, right??”
July 7, 2021 6:30-8:30 PM
August 18, 2021 6:30-8:30 PM
September 29, 2021 6:30-8:30 PM (dates for later Fall Classes will follow)
Attend the class of your choice in person or online. All classes recorded and provided to participants.
This class is about helping new postpartum parents begin to reconnect to their core and pelvic floor. When is it too soon to begin to think about postpartum health and care? We would like our new parents to rest and recover, but we also want you to be supported and not worrying about if what you are experiencing is “normal”, if you are doing too much, or not doing enough!
- It is intended for you in those early days when you have questions about what is ok and what is not.
- It is intended to help when you are not quite sure about what you can begin to do to bring the pelvic floor back “online” and to assist with support.
- It is to assist with posture, support, and techniques to help as you lift and carry your newborn (and perhaps try to keep up with other children!)
- It is to assist with beginning to suppport the pelvic floor and core as you heal and recover postpartum; yes, we will talk about Diastasis!
- It is intended to provide basic information for pelvic health with peeing, poopng, and addressing questions about prolapse (note: We are NOT treating, but these techniques will help to protect and support)
This is not an exercise class, but will assist you in beginning to resume activities with confidence after your baby is born. You will receive a recording after the class with the techniques that we learn and practice.
Please email Rebecca@embody-pt.com with questions about this class and if it is for you.