Classes are in Person or avilable online
Movement Matters! Embody PhysioYoga combines the movement and strength building expertise of physical therapy with the ancient science of yoga to provide a functional, integrative and whole person form of treatment. Through one-on-one sessions or group classes, PhysioYoga delivers a new model for health, fitness, and prevention and rehabilitation.
PhysioYoga can help you decrease the risk of chronic disease, manage chronic or new pain, manage stress, and promote lifelong healthy habits. We meet you where you are–regardless of age, gender, orthopedic concerns or previous injuries, strength, or flexibility. Together, we build balance, strength, and confidence.
All of our classes are Pelvic Floor and Bone Health safe, but if you have concerns about ability to participate or your health, please contact Rebecca@embody-pt.com.
Rebecca Meehan PT PYT WCS offers one-on-one treatment sessions or group classes to fit your needs and your schedule. Through an individual treatment, we can develop a program tailored to your needs and goals, combining yoga with manual therapy and specialized exercise techniques. Our group classes offer ample modifications, allowing you to scale the program to fit your abilities.
“I have been doing yoga for over 15 years and taking Becki’s class showed me a level of core strength that will forever change the way that I practice. I feel so much stronger and grounded in poses that have always been more challenging for me.” Ellen, 2022
Movement, PhysioYoga and Tai Chi are for everyone–no experience is needed.
PHYSIOYOGA Classes With Rebecca Meehan PT WCS PYT
Monday 12:00-1:00 PM ET
Wednesday 9 – 10:15 a.m. ET
Thursday 11 a.m. – 12:15 p.m ET
Tuesday Core, Spine, and Pelvic Floor Yoga 7:30-8:30 PM ET ON-LINE ONLY This class will have a spine, core and pelvic floor emphasis. Appropriate for all. I do request that new postpartum parents wait 6 weeks before joining in, or reach out to me to disucss.
- When you purchase a class pass below, we will email you the links for classes. If you have questions or concerns about PhysioYoga, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Single Yoga Class, Purchase Here (1 Class, $18.00)
Rebecca Meehan PT earned her Level 1 Low Pressure Fitness Certification and is including these techniques into specific classes as well as the Core and Pelvic Floor Yoga, and individual treatment. Read here for more information about LPF.
Low Pressure Fitness classes provide:
* Core and Pelvic Floor Strength and Mobility
* Breath, Tissue Changes, and Function!
Introduction to LPF Classes schedule will be added for 2023. If you would like to be notified, please contact me!
Embody Physiotherapy childbirth education Classes to assist in your pregnancy, Labor, Delivery, and Postpartum recovery
From a prior participant (and new mom):
“All told from water breaking to birth, the process was …., but it went very smoothly thanks to quite a few of your lessons.(My partner) was able to help me through mobility and breathing towards the end to speed up the process. Thank you for your help.” TM
This Childbirth Preparation class will be held in person or you may attend online. It is for first time parents AND for those of you who have delivered previously. We ALL benefit from knowledge, exercise, techniques, AND from a toned and supple pelvic floor! Join in to learn:
- How the pelvic floor and core work together and provide exercises to help develop a supple and toned pelvic floor for labor and delivery.
- Breath, motion, and techniques that can support you and assist in mobility during labor
- Positions, breath, and movments to facilitate delivery.
- Techniques and items that can support you during pregnancy and in your postpartum days will be demonstrated.
After the baby is born, you need knowledge and information to assist you in the early days of recovery and early healing! We will:
- Provide tips and techniques for pelvic floor and abdominal support and care in the early days after the baby is born
- Techniques to assist you in mobility and comfort in your early postpartum days.
- Basic information to asist with Peeing and Pooping, posture and lifting after giving birth
For more information and to register, click here. After you register, you will receive a Zoom link and handouts. Video recordings of exercises are provided after the class. You will also receive a recording of the class to review the information and exercises.
RESCHEDULED FOR SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2022 NOON-2PM
December 3, 2022 9-11:00 AM (Saturday)