Pregnancy, delivery, and postpartum time bring some of the most incredible changes that your body will ever go through. You experience changes in posture, balance, and mobility related to the growing baby and the pelvis and the pelvic floor support system undergo changes during pregnancy and during labor and delivery.
Often, people consider Physical Therapy only when they are having pain, weakness, or mobility and balance concerns, but as anatomy and movement experts, a Physical Therapist with special knowledge and training for pregnancy is the perfect person to have on your team for pregnancy, labor and delivery, and after the baby arrives! From the Amercianpregnancy.org : “ PT during pregnancy can be useful for remedying back (and other musculoskeletal)l pain during pregnancy, and for enabling your body’s ability to have a smoother pregnancy and birth.”
At Embody Physiotherapy & Wellness, we provide a comprehensive approach to assist you at any point during your pregnancy and after the baby arrives.
We work with you to address:
- Changes in the center of gravity, and stresses on ligaments, muscles and other soft tissues (including Diastasis/DRA)
- Postural changes, joint and spine position and alignments
- Strength, mobility, and balance
- Pelvic floor health and changes
- Exercise modifications (if needed) during pregnancy, and return to exercise/sports after birth
- Preparation for Labor and Delivery. PTs are not typically with you during labor and delivery, but we will provide you with tools, techniques, and knowledge to assist with L&D
- Postpartum Recovery including pain, urinary and bowel concerns, and pelvic prolapse in the early days and later.
We utilize a comprehensive approach with our ultimate goal being to help YOU be your most confident in your body, to feel well, and to be prepared for birth. After birth, we work with you to regain mobility, strength, and confidence as you return to the demands of everyday life, exercise, and activity.
It is never too soon to request a consultation with us and about ways to support yourself during pregnancy and after, AND it is NEVER too late! Your body undergoes amazing changes during pregnancy; we’re here to help you during that time and after!
Contact Rebecca Meehan PT or Susan Clinton PT to learn more about how we can help you be at your best during and after pregnancy! We offer a free consultation so you can let us know your concerns and ask us questions: 412-259-5342 or email@example.com
In addition to individual services for our clients, we provide Perinatal Yoga Classes, Labor and Postpartum Preparation Workshops, A New Parent Postpartum workshop, and “Pelvic Floor and Core” Rebuilding Classes. All are currently live-stream. Find information and schedules here.