EmbodyPhysio Yoga combines the evidence base and knowledge of Physical Therapy and how the body “works” with the ancient science of yoga, to provide a functional and integrative form of therapy. Using her knowledge and experience as a Physical Therapist (Physiotherapist), and knowledge, experience, and Medical Therapeutic Yoga Certification, Rebecca is able to deliver a new model for health, fitness, and prevention, as well as rehabilitation in a more holistic fashion.
**March 2020 All EmbodyPhysioYoga Classes are being Live Streamed! All individual PhysioYoga Sessions are available via Telehealth: If I can see and hear you, and you can see and hear me, we can create some magical movement and function!
All Embody Telehealth visits are currently discounted:
$20.00 discount 1 hour visit
$10.00 discount 45 minute visit.
We’re all in this together! We would like to see you continue to make gains, be mobile, strong, and well the next time we see you in-person!
EmbodyPhysioYoga can help you decrease the risk of chronic disease, manage long standing or new pain, manage stress, and promote lifelong healthy habits. Rebecca works with people of all physical shapes, sizes, and abilities. No need for fitness clothing, to be strong or flexible! EmbodyPhysioYoga is for everyone. We meet you at your level and help you to address the needs at that time of your life. We build strength, balance, and confidence in your body as we explore the poses.
Examples of some of the problems that brought people to EmbodyPhysioYoga Therapy:
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, including incontinence, pain, and prolapse
- Back and neck pain
- Persistent problems after concussion
- “Arthritis” and Joint pain, Bone Health concerns
- GI Dysfunction, including IBS
- Strength, mobility, and balance problems
- Anxiety, depression, and stress related concerns
- A desire to move and feel better, and to improve overall ability
Things people ask about EmbodyPhysioYoga:
- Q: Do you work with people with very limited mobility? I can’t get up and down off of the floor or move quickly. A: Limited mobility and special needs and concerns are not a limitation when doing EmbodyPhysioYoga. In fact, this is one of the areas where we can help you improve mobility and function, AND in cases of progressive or chronic disease, help to minimize decline. Working in individual sessions, we can build and develop a program specifically for you and even video the program so you have it for your home use, or for others to assist you at home. We can then revisit and progress the program or make modifications as indicated.
- Q: I have been going to yoga elsewhere, and would like to go back, but need to be stronger/feel better/recover from ____. A: Absolutely! Some of our clients attend classes here because they feel they meet their needs and they enjoy them. Others take what they learn and develop working with Rebecca and return to the community classes that they enjoy. But they go back to those classes with improved ability, strength, and knowledge about ways to best modify poses or to change the practice to meet their own needs.
- Q: I don’t think that I have the flexibility or strength for yoga. A: After evaluation, Rebecca will discuss your goals, and will begin to design and build a program for you, helping you work towards your goals, and scaling the program to meet and strengthen your abilities. Everyone is able to “do Yoga” at Embody, and we teach you to change and modify the poses and activities to build confidence, strength, and success.
- Q: I don’t really like to go to classes, and I don’t have much time during my day. I would really like something for work and other times. A: Yoga does not require a set time or place. In actuality, stopping and finding time throughout your day for mental and physical focus (standing or sitting; it does not require a mat or lying down) will truly allow you to strengthen and create changes. Rebecca loves to help people “take their practice off the mat” and into daily life.
- Q: I have been told that I should not do yoga because of orthopedic problems (like shoulder, hip, knee, ankle). A: As a Physical Therapist, Rebecca brings her knowledge of anatomy, joint function and mobility, and body knowledge and work to yoga, and modifies and builds poses. Not every pose/asana is for each person or body, and we teach and build accordingly. As a PT, Rebecca is also able to include manual therapy techniques into individual yoga programs.
Rebecca began her personal yoga practice in 1998 in a community-based yoga class that was a mobility and relaxation class and emphasized mobility over form and technique. As she explored yoga in that class, other classes, and in videos, she began to utilize yoga poses or asana in her physical therapist practice. Although utilizing poses with her patients, she knew that she was missing knowledge and theory in applying yoga in the clinic to the full benefit of her patients and clients.She began searching for classes and ways to develop knowledge, philosophy, and skills application for her patients and for her own practice. After researching programs, she chose to obtain her yoga certification through the Professional Yoga Therapy Institute (PYTI) in North Carolina, and completed certification in March 2018. The PYTI program is a specialized program for licensed healthcare providers, blending Western medicine with the life science of yoga and Eastern medicine, wellness, and prevention. She has had the privilege of teaching other healthcare providers studying through the PYTI, and always learns from her students.
The use of yoga in Physical Therapy practice has deepened Rebecca’s knowledge while encouraging more and deeper study into yoga, health, and ayurvedic medicine. It has broadened the base and the tools that she can provide to her clients and patients who would like to utilize yoga therapy, and to provide them with options and tools for improved energy, strength, mobility, balance, function, and confidence, as well as less pain.
If you have questions about EmbodyPhysio Yoga Therapy, please contact Rebecca at email@example.com or 412-259-5342.
EmbodyPhysio Yoga Therapy options:
Individual evaluation and treatment: 60 minutes ($150.00)
Follow up individual sessions: 1 hour ( $100.00)